Author's
Note: In this piece I will be talking about homework. I will also be
talking about the quantities and how difficult some homework can be.
In a 2004 University of Michigan survey
of 2,900 six- to seventeen-year-old children found that time spent each
week on homework had increased from 2 hours 38 minutes to 3 hours 58
minutes since 1981. I don’t feel I have a TON of homework myself. When I
do have homework I don’t feel it’s fair that kids have to go from 7:30
to 2:45 and then have to go home and do more work. It’s like a grown up
coming home from their work, gets something to eat and then a half hour
later leave to go back to work. It just makes no sense.There shouldn't
be homework at all, that’s what school is for – to do work.
My
first issue with homework is that isn’t home for spending time with
your family and, taking a break from school and work and any other
stress? It’s not only unfair for the kids but it’s not fair for their
parents either because I know all parents want to spend time with their
children.
The
next issue I will address with having homework is the level of
difficultness of the homework. The homework I have isn’t too hard but my
sister’s homework is things I was learning in 7th grade except she has
mass quantities of it. Some night my sister can spend 2 to 3 hours doing
homework. That is so overwhelming for kids her age.
I've
noticed that some kids really like homework. That’s perfectly fine but
sometimes when they say that they’re not getting enough homework it’s
just not fair because the teachers hear that they give more homework to
the whole class even the people that didn’t ask for it. I’m wondering
why teachers listen to the few kids that want more homework and not the
majority of the kids that don’t want homework.
Is
there to much homework being given out? To most yes it is too much but
too few it’s not enough. Is there ever going to be a happy medium? I’m
hoping that there will be a day that kids get the choose if they are
going to do homework or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment