Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What's Your Road?


Author's Note: This story is about the things that you do differently then everybody else and how that could make all the difference in life. Look for the good connections i make to the realm world.  

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference” (The Road Not Taken). What does that sentence mean to you? A lot of things came to me when I read that. The first thing that came to my mind was that life is like woods, there is a beaten path that most people take. But some people decide that they don’t want that path, they want to go on their own path. Most people get lost on their own path but the few that don’t look back on their path and smile. In that poem by Robert frost he makes the point that doing your own thing in life is going to pay off in the end and that it’s ok to be different.        

After a little bit of thinking I made a connection to football. When J.J Watt was just playing high school he worked out every morning and every night. He put everything he had into working out because he knew it would help him in the long run. Now isn’t that the path less traveled? Most people just think that working out is just busy work but, for J.J., putting all he had into working out has made all the difference.

The next connection I made was when my dad tells me “If you are still planning to be a football player you have to be willing to do stuff that other people don’t want to do” after I say I don’t want to go to weight training. Could weight training be my road less traveled? 

What will be your road less traveled? For me it’s working out, for some people it’s school. It all depends on what you want to do later in life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment